Overcome All Your Photography Fears with Cole’s Classroom
Episode 30: Show Notes.
Running a photography business isn’t always easy and can be stressful in pretty unexpected ways. In today’s episode, we dive straight into some of the most common fears that photographers have, tackle them head-on, and provide the best solutions for each. The first fear we bust is the idea that you’re not good enough. We take a few moments to remind you not to compare your photographic journey to others, and that other successful photographers have also had their fair share of bad days behind the camera. You’ll also hear about how you can and should be charging friends and family for your services, and why it’s so important to become a numbers person if you want to create a successful business. On the topic of charging, you’ll find out how you need to value your work too, and why you should never feel bad about charging a fair price. To end things off, we go into the inevitable difficulties you’ll encounter when handling tough clients, and how you can simplify liaising. Be sure to kick your fears in the butt and tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We introduce today’s topic where we talk all about the most common fears as a photographer and how to get over them.
- Dive into how you can overcome the feeling that you’re not good enough.
- How you should approach charging friends and family for your photography services.
- Take a look at the effects of overcharging and not booking clients because of your prices.
- Why there is no avoiding becoming a numbers person if you want to run a successful business.
- Hear about how you can deal with difficult clients.
- The types of questions you should include in your client questionnaire.
“You cannot compare your chapter one to someone else’s chapter 20. What you see online in someone’s gallery is a culmination of years of hard work and dedication to honing their craft. For each stunning website gallery image, there are probably dozens of misfires, stupid smiles, awkward poses, and crappy lighting.” — Find Your Focus [0:00:59]
“If you want to have a successful photography business, you have to stop giving things away for free.” — Find Your Focus [0:03:16]
“Running a photography business or any business for that matter is not easy, but you can let your fears get in the way. The thing is, is that fear keeps us from realizing how much freedom we have when we ditch it.” — Find Your Focus [0:08:45]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: