Mentors and Masterminds in Photography with Jenni Maroney.
Episode 39: Show Notes.
Pivoting into education is not always the right move for everyone, and it is by no means a get-rich-quick scheme. You have to be passionate about helping others do the things that you have managed to do successfully in your business. Our guest today is Jenni Maroney, a photographer turned business coach, helping female photographers transform their businesses into thriving powerhouses. Jenni is a repeat guest on our show; if you recall, in the previous episode we discussed in-person sales. In today’s episode, Jenni talks about why it is important to have a mentor and how to know if you’re ready to join a Mastermind. She shares how Masterminds have helped her grow and scale her business as well as how to choose a mentor who is right for you. Tune in today to hear all about choosing the right mentor, why it is important, and if you are passionate about it, how to navigate your way into the education sector of photography!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Jenni gives us a brief overview of her photography career.
- When Jenni realized she needed a mentor for her photography business to thrive.
- Two of the biggest takeaways Jenni learned from her first Mastermind class: Community and finding the right coach.
- Tips and advice for what you should look for in a coach or mentor.
- Why it’s important to consider having a mentor — Getting your vision out of your head.
- Why the benefits of paying for a mentor outweigh the cost.
- Jenni shares success stories of girls who took part in her Mastermind program.
- When you know it’s time to start charging for your time.
- Advice for people who feel they are ready to start mentoring others.
“I think when you’re looking for a coach, you just want to make sure that their teaching style is going to help you the most. Some people really learn best in one-on-one settings and not in group coaching settings. You have to be aware of what type of learner you are and how it’s going to benefit you, like, what type of program will benefit you and your business the best.” — @JenniMaroney [0:07:07]
“If you have a good coach that’s a good fit for you, they can see the big picture when you're stuck in the nitty-gritty. As long as they’re five to 10 steps ahead of you or more, they’re able to say, “Your goals are similar to mine and if you want the same success that I have, let me reach back, grab your hand and pull you up the ladder with me and help you avoid all the mistakes that I’ve made and fast track your success”.” — @JenniMaroney [0:07:53]
“I always encourage women that join my Mastermind or coaching programs, look for a coach that has already successfully done what you’re trying to do.” — @JenniMaroney [0:12:21]
“This is what brings me the most joy — Helping female business owners move the needle in their business and be able to take things that are in their head that they can talk about effortlessly to other people.” — @JenniMaroney [0:19:25]
“That is my goal to help women do and if you’re ready to pivot, I say just go find a coach that’s already done that successfully.” — @JenniMaroney [0:20:28]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: