Unsure as how to install Lightroom photo collage templates? We’re here to help! Here’s our guide to getting started.
Did you just download some Lightroom photo collage templates for the “print module” but are having trouble installing them? No problem, this post will give you two alternate methods and as long as you follow each and every step! Let me repeat that, as long as you follow each and every step, you will get them installed. Just slow down and read carefully.
Installing these templates really isn’t hard, but you have to start off in the right place and many make the mistake of trying to import them like they import develop presets. This is wrong.
Click here If you’re looking to add PRESETS, because you’re in the wrong place.
Make sure to be in the “Print Module” and NOT in the “Develop Module” or they will not work.
- If Lightroom tells you something like “this is the wrong type of preset” when you attempt to load in the templates, you are likely trying to load the templates into the DEVELOP module. This is WRONG. You need to import into the PRINT module.
- If you don’t have a “template browser” section on the left panel inside your print module in Lightroom, right click in the left panel area and choose “template browser” it should have a check box next to it and now be included in your left panel sections.
- If you don’t have a “print templates” folder included in your Lightroom folders (if attempting install method #2) this is because you’ve never used the print module templates before. In this case, use install method #1 as shown above.
- When using the templates if you are trying to export a photo but don’t see how – in the bottom right corner you’ll see a “print to” option – from the drop down, select “jpeg file” then click “print to file” button in bottom right.
Written and Video Install Directions
Method #1 – Import the Photo Collage Templates Inside of Lightroom
- Download zip file containing your templates and save zip file to your computer.
- Extrat the preset files from the zip file (usually right click and extract works on PC or double click on Mac). That should create a regular folder that includes all of the collage templates by name.
- Open Lightroom program & click on PRINT module in upper right.
- In left panel area, under “template browser” right click and select “create new folder” and give it a name.
- Right click on the newly created folder from step 4 above and select “import.”
- Navigate to the location where you saved your extracted template files from the zip file and select ALL of them and click import. Please note, you must be selecting .lrtemplate files. If you don’t see the .lrtemplate files you likely didn’t “extract” the files from the zip in the beginning steps and need to do so before completing this step.
Method 2 – Drag & Drop Template Folders on Computer Hard-drive – If you don’t have a print templates folder, use method 1 above.
- Download zip file containing your templates and save zip file to your computer (if need help opening extracting zip files click here).
- Extra the preset files from the zip file (usually right click and extract works on PC or double click on Mac).
- Open Lightroom program & click on “edit” then “preferences” if on PC and “Lightroom” then “preferences” if on Mac
- Then click “show Lightroom presets folder.””
- Click into the “Lightroom” folder – then click on “print templates” folder – note, if you don’t have a print templates folder then stop here and use install method #1 above.
- Drag and drop the extracted collage templates folder (not individual files, but whole folder) into the Lightroom “print templates” folder.
- Once done, close Lightroom and restart Lightroom and the templates will be in the Print module ready for you to use!