We may all be photographers now, but most of us come from very different backgrounds before getting ourselves into this crazy business. As I have discussed in detail in many of my other business or photography pricing tutorials, being a photographer today is no easy task. Why? Because everyone is doing it. It's simple as that. As competition increases for any industry, prices decrease. That makes our jobs, as photographers, much harder these days. Much harder to continue to be able to do what we love to do and if we aren't making profits, then all we have is a pricey "hobby", not a "business". I've learned a lot about running a photography business over the last 5 years, but I have had to pound my way through it learning by trial and error. That isn't a bad thing...but one day while driving I thought of a really awesome idea for a tutorial that would potentially help thousands of other photographers - "What did I wish I knew, before starting my photography business?" I have an answer, but I also have something waaaaaaay better for you. I asked this thought provoking question to a handful of my most talented and successful peers to get their advice to share with you too! ...and here we go.
Browse By Type
- Courses Cole’s Classroom’s treasure trove of comprehensive photography courses!
- Training Vault Quick but jam-packed videos to keep you inspired and leave you feeling confident on your next shoot.
- Backstage Pass Go behind the scenes with real photographers on actual photo sessions!
- Free Tutorials Check out our over 700+ written tutorials that cover every topic of photography.
Browse By Topic
- Business Business-related tips & training to get you on the track to success.
- Editing From Lightroom to Photoshop, we’ll have you editing photos like a pro.
- Gear All you need are a few pieces of gear to start taking stunning images! Start here!
- How To Check out our resources for “how to” edit, pose, shoot, etc!
- Browse By Type
- SIGN IN